Affiliate links in this post will be clearly marked with a * and if you click one of these links I will earn a discount or receive payment.
Good morning! I hope you’ve had a wonderful Christmas. We’ve had some nice time off together and kept it all really low key. It’s been nice just to enjoy time with family, eat good food and get some nice little presents too. Here it is my aims for December 2019 – the results!
Aims for December 2019 – the results
Home aims for December 2019 – the results
- Meal plan all month. Achieved. I actually didn’t share a meal plan one week, as I was struck down with the flu. I was in bed for at least 4 days barely able to keep my eyes open. It was REALLY rough, however, we kept up with meal planning and this helped keep the food budget lower even though we enjoyed lots of treats.
- Try 3 new recipes. Achieved. I’ve been loving my *multi-cooker!
- Get photos up from my side of the bed. Failed. Our lounge isn’t decorated yet BUT it IS ready to paint now!
- Decorate my office. Achieved (Sort of!) I’m scheduling this post a couple of days before the end of the year. Right now I have my furniture built and in place, and all of the walls are filled and sanded ready for painting. We *might* get it painted by NYE, we might not. It just depends on how motivated we are feeling – so it is sort of decorated!
- Measure up/decide on shelving for our bedroom. Achieved. We’ve got new DVD cabinets for the living room for Tom to store his DVDs and his figurines are going to go here, freeing up some space in our bedroom now.
Financial aims for December 2019 – the results
- Come in under £350 for December groceries. Including alcohol & festive purchases. Achieved. Managed this with £15 to spare and that includes a HUGE shop I just did 2 days ago which should see us through the first week or so of January.
- Start a house purchase fees fund. Achieved. It’s only a small start but I’ll be rounding my bank up to the nearest £1 or £5, depending on my balance, each day, and it’ll soon add up I know!
- Make money from matched betting. Achieved. Again, not much, but it’s good for me to keep placing bets, using offers and keeping it all fresh in my mind.
- Add £150 to my Amazon account towards Spring house purchases. Failed. I DID add lots of money, but I spent it all on Christmas presents. I had several people that I forgot to buy for, in amidst my flu haze, so my Amazon vouchers really come in handy for this!
Online aims for December 2019 – the results
- Boost affiliates by 10% compared to last December. Achieved. I’ve had a great month in that respect, which has been good because I’ve really not worked much with being ill and doing house jobs.
- Gain 10% more page views versus last December. Achieved. Surprisingly as I’ve barely been around and have next to no new posts. Thank you Christmas recipes!
- Re-purpose 5 old posts ready for January. Achieved. I’m looking forward to 2020. I’m hoping to get my motivation back to be honest as I’ve been coasting for a few months.
- Create new Pinterest content for money boards. Achieved. I’m not sure it’s made a HUGE difference yet but at least my boards are more organised and helpful.
Personal aims for December 2019 – the results
- Plan a trip away. Failed. Just didn’t even get a section to think about this. We’ve been spending so much money on the house and just generally haven’t had spare time to even choose a new sofa, nevermind arrange a trip away! Soon though I hope!
- Exercise 3 times a week all month. Failed. The flu really wiped me out to be honest, and I spent days barely knowing what day it was, nevermind exercising.
- Have 5 days off this month, at least. Achieved. See above. I had DAYS in bed where I didn’t even check my emails, but then I took time off over Christmas too.
Happy New Year! I hope that 2020 is a great one for us all x