Affiliate links in this post will be clearly marked with a * and if you click one of these links I will earn a discount or receive payment.
This weekend I will be leaving my family behind and heading off to Manchester for the Blog On Conference. My daughter is quite poorly at the moment so it is going to be a bit of a hard time for me. However, I’m really looking forward to meeting up with lots of friends I’ve met through blogging including Chammy from ChammyIRL. Also, not waking up at 5am will be nice! I’m hoping that answering the Blog On ice breaker questions will help people learn a little more about me.
- Share a recent picture of you
- Describe yourself in three words
Loud, caring and blunt. Contradictory I know.
- How long have you been blogging and what made you start?
I started blogging around 2.5 years ago. I’ve been blogging seriously for around 12 – 18 months. I started because people kept asking me how I was making £2,000+ a month. My website was started solely to share the ways that I was making money. Since then it has become about everything related to my life and I love the diverse mixture of posts I write.
- What was the inspiration behind your blog name?
- What is the best thing to come from your blog so far?
Meeting nice friends online who have also become offline friends. Also, free swag is pretty nice!
- Your most remembered thing from your childhood
My dog Poppy.
- Something interesting you might not know about me is . . .
I used to have a ‘proper’ job before I was self-employed. Once I worked for an oil tools company. Then I worked for a jewellers. Along the way I’ve also worked for Sainsburys too! Bit of a mixture.
- Which social media platform best describes your personality and why?
Twitter. I blurt random sentences out that most people would probably rather scroll past.
- What is your happy song?
It would have to be Piano Man by Billy Joel. This reminds me of my daughter. We’ve had so many laughs to this song since we realised she enjoyed it at a few months old. I can vividly picture Daisy and my husband Tom dancing around together and giggling infectiously.
- What is your favourite alcoholic drink
- What is your favourite cake?
Chocolate. Or lemon drizzle.
- What is your favourite takeaway dish?
Sweet & sour chicken Peking style.
- Where is your dream holiday destination and why?
India. I’ve been before and it is beautiful. I would love to take my husband and daughter one day.
- What would your superhero name be?
Manic Mum. People are always asking me how I fit everything in. I’m nearly always on the go. As well as working from home full-time I have a one year old, an allotment, family close by I see regularly and a few other pursuits too. Definitely manic!
- If you had a magical power, would you want to have and why?
I would want to be able to read minds. I could help people who were worrying. Also, I could learn who is fake, or two faced, and just not bother with them. Would save a lot of heartache.
- What one weapon would help you survive a zombie apocalypse?
A chainsaw. I could use it to kill zombies. Also, I could use it to prep meat and chop down trees for firewood.
- If you could send something into space, what would it be?
Back-handed compliments. People that use them too.
- What would you have on your gravestone?
Nothing. I’d prefer to be cremated. It is cheaper!
- You make headline news around the world in 2 years time… but for what reason?
Hopefully for something nice. Charity work. Kindness. Rather than anything sinister or nasty.
- If an EMP wiped out all mechanical forms of transport, how would you get to BlogOn?
I would walk. I’d set off today and be there for the weekend. I’d stop off at some nice pubs at the way to sleep over and have a big breakfast everyday.
I’m really looking forward to Blog On now. If you see me, and my chins, do come and say hello! I look like a real bitch but that is just my face. I’m actually quite friendly.