This post may contain affiliate links.
Hello! It’s that time of year, again, where some of us bloggers are heading off to Manchester, for the BlogOn conference. For me this is an exciting time to meet new brands, learn about the must-have products this Christmas (LOTS of toys in our home) and meet up with friends, new and old. I love that blogging opens me up to meeting lots of people, from all different parts of the country, and that thanks to BlogOn we can all be together at an event. Anyway, here we go, the BlogOnToys Introduce Yourself Linky!
- Share a photograph (a recent one so people can recognise you!)
This photo most accurately represents me – I might even wear the same dress! The top photo represents me if I end up drinking too much wine the night before!
- What is the best thing about blogging?
That feeling of helping others. I started my blog to do that, and while earning money, and making friends, is fantastic, I love knowing that I’m helping people. A reader messaged me just before the Summer holidays to say that they were able to plan days out, and even a holiday, thanks to money they’ve earned from reading my website. This filled me with joy and I’ve thought about them all summer – wondering what adventures they’ve been up to.
- What was your dream job when you were growing up?
I wanted to be a lawyer, to help people.
- What is your lucky number?
25! But 555 also follows me around.
- What is your favourite season?
Winter. I LOVE the crispness in the mornings and being able to wrap up warm.
- If you had to choose one what would your favourite dish from the Chinese be?
Sweet & sour chicken Peking style!
- What is your useless talent?
Gleaking – look it up! I don’t know when I learned that I could do this but my 2-year-old can as well, even if she doesn’t know it yet!
- If you could keep any animal as a pet what would you choose?
A sloth! I LOVE THEM!
- Which one meal would you eat forever? (If you had to choose one!)
Chicken with black bean sauce, egg fried rice and Chinese chips!
- What is the last thing you check before you lock your front door?
That I’ve got my purse.
- If you won £50,000 what would be the first thing you would buy?
A new car for my husband.
- What is your favourite social media channel?
Instagram for the stories and Twitter for the people I chat to daily.
- Tell us more about your best ever holiday
My honeymoon. When it was just Thomas and I. Lots of leisurely walks, talks and life plans.
- Name one cake you rock at baking
Chocolate slab cake – yum!
- Which session are you most looking forward to?
Alex and GoPro or Emily Leary and Brilliant Blogmin.
- What is your favourite book ever?
Ooh this is a hard one – it’s a toss up between A Field Guide to Getting Lost or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Which special event is your favourite? (Halloween, Christmas etc)
Christmas. This has changed in the last few years as I used to dislike Christmas.
- If the internet vanished right now how would you share your message or life story without a blog?
I’d open the window and shout about my money saving tips, or my favourite recipe. Kidding. I’d probably keep a diary. Just to remember things!
As I finished this post I spotted the word count – 555. It really does follow me around! Anyway, looking forward to meeting people. I have MEGA bitchy resting face but I’m actually really, really friendly so do come and say hello! I love BlogOn and if it is your first time visiting I’m sure you’ll have so much fun!