Just three days until we go off on holiday now. This means that our home life is a little on the busy side. Thanks to taking part in this great linky I have been able to keep on track. I’ve been working hard to be frugal, save money and waste less. This has been working really well and I feel really positive about it. Being self-employed, and working from home, can make it hard sometimes. The lure of takeaways, and online shopping, can be high on busy days. Despite this we’ve gone all week without a takeaway and I’ve avoided impulse buys too. Here is my Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week – 17th March post.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week – 17th March 2017
- Visited the Co-Op. On Monday we went to our allotment for the day. We planted lots of vegetables including onions & potatoes. On the way home I stopped off at the Co-Op. This allowed me to purchase a few items that were on Shopmium. I was then reimbursed for these items (fish and noodles) making them free.
- Picked up Daisy’s trike on eBay. I wanted to get Daisy one of those cute trikes. The more expensive ones retail at around £110-£120. I didn’t want to pay this for something we may only use a few times. I went on eBay and found one locally on auction. After a few messages with the seller I negotiated a price of £20. Then my lovely Mum went to collect it for me today. This means we’ve got it for our holiday on Monday!
- Sold an unwanted gift card. For a work campaign I received a few gift cards. One of these I didn’t have a use for. I sold it for just £3 less than the value was with Zeek. This is frugal as I would have just left it in my purse indefinitely otherwise! I’m sure that it would have gone to waste. I then used the money to buy Daisy’s trike!
- Used the slow cooker 4 times. This was a great week for our slow cooker. We have used it at least four times. Also, I’m using it today to make some baby food for Daisy. I love being able to throw everything in and having a nice hot meal at the end of the day.
- Meal planned until our holiday. I’m great at meal planning now but this week I’ve not been motivated. I had meal planned up until today but I’ve forced myself to plan until Monday morning now. This way we can avoid the takeaways over the weekend and save some more pounds for our holiday on Monday. We will be using up all of the fresh fruit & vegetables we have in the fridge to avoid waste.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week – 17th March
Another great week here. I really enjoy this linky and seeing what everyone has been up to. If you’re a blogger do remember that everyone is welcome and this is a great motivator.
Pin it for later